- To provide a safe, warm, happy and loving environment
- To treat all children as individuals
- To promote the development of children’s intellectual, physical, social and emotional needs
- To provide quality care, based on a policy of equality
- To foster a trusting and communicative relationship between children, parents and staff
The Tower Nursery will provide a high standard of professional childcare, and strive to work in partnership with both parents and children, to creat a welcoming ethos and a secure ‘home from home’ environment. Our professional and reliable staff provide consistency, support and peace of mind as your child(ren) plays, learns and develops.
We understand that every child is special and has their own identity which we aim to develop through their time with us here.
Tower Nursery is bright, warm and welcoming, and we encourage new children to build relationships with all staff in the room to enable the settling process. The equipment in each of our rooms is chosen to stimulate the children in all areas of their development.
The children’s social and emotional development is enhanced by the stability of a low turnover of staff, and a caring and relaxed atmosphere.
A ‘key worker’ system operates throughout the nursery. The role of a key worker is to provide a safe and secure environment, and have an awareness of the children’s background as well as stage of development.
The Tower Nursery values at the core of our ethos are:
- Children treated with respect and kindness, are more likely to learn to respect others, and grow up to be kind, responsible and considerate people.
- We want our children to be positive in life and make good choices.
- We work in close partnership with parents and carers to ensure each child experiences achievements and enjoys celebrating their successes.
- By having high expectations of their own and others’ learning and behaviour, we encourage our children to be the very best they can be.
- Stimulate active and enquiring minds.
- An environment where all are welcome, where diversity and values and respected, and social inclusion is promoted at all times.
- Children’s views are heard and acted upon as we support children through their many experiences and transitions.
- The importance of family background and beliefs as the foundation to becoming successful learners, confident individuals, effective contributors and responsible citizens